There can be many different reasons why people result in acute or chronic pain and in my
30 plus years of practising as an Osteopath, I think I have seen just about all reasons.
There are common reasons that result in body aches and pains including back pain, lower back pain, upper back and shoulder pain, neck pain, hip pain, limbs etc.
My observations of the common reasons people seek Osteopathy therapy are:
- Trauma (accidents such as falls, vehicle accidents, sporting injuries etc.)
- Incorrect posture
- Repetitive movements – creating strain and over-use
- Prolonged positional holds – not moving frequently enough (common occurrence for desktop workers)
- Illness (arthritis and more besides)
There are a variety of different treatments you can seek for treatment of body aches, pains and injury. Of course, it is no surprise that I believe an Osteopath is the best practitioner to seek because even after all these years in Osteopathy, I am impressed by the effectiveness of this natural therapy. Not only for relief from pain and effective rehabilitation but because of the over-all improvement of health and well-being in the patient.
The key reason for this is because an Osteopath will use a drug-free, non-invasive form of manual therapy that focuses on the health of the whole body, not just the injured or affected part.
Unlike a Chiropractor or a Physiotherapist, an Osteopath focuses on the entire body rather than on just muscular and spinal system. Osteopaths look for causes rather than simply deal with consequences.
As an Osteopath, are my treatments the same for each patient?
- Each person and their condition or injury are unique. So, my osteopathic treatments and natural interventions vary from person to person to achieve the best outcome for their needs.
What type of treatment can I expect in coming to see an Osteopath?
- Osteopathy combines hands-on treatment, manual therapy, exercise prescription, movement and lifestyle advice and dry needling. The manual therapy can include: Massage; Stretching; mobilisation and/or manipulation.
- I may also provide advice to help you manage your condition between appointments and I often invite patients to pop in for a complimentary five-minute check-up between appointments if they feel they need it.
If you have any questions with regards to Osteopath treatment, please do not hesitate to give Shane a call.