Sports Injuries – Sports Massage Treatment
Be on top of your game with osteopathy for sports injuries
At Central Coast Osteopath we safely, naturally and effectively treat your sport injuries. Through a combination of sports massage and osteopathy treatment here at our Central Coast Osteopath Centre, we manage your rehabilitation while helping to prevent a range of sports injuries, including:
- Neck and back injuries
- Shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand injuries, including tennis elbow
- Hip and pelvic injuries
- Knee, leg and ankle injuries, including quadriceps, hamstring and calf strain
No matter what your choice of sport and whether you’re an elite athlete or a ‘weekend warrior’ our osteopath can help you heal, keep you fighting fit and on top of your game.
How does osteopathic treatment help for sports injuries?
At Central Coast Osteopath, every consultation begins with an individualised 30-minute remedial massage to instantly relieve pain, ease tension and ensure your body and mind are at their most receptive for osteopathic manual therapy.
Osteopathic treatment of sports injuries involves a series of safe, gentle and effective techniques, including:
- Soft tissue stretching,
- Inhibition, and
These techniques will help improve elasticity, strength, endurance, mobility and performance, facilitating a swift return to optimal form and preventing re-injury or compensatory strains from occurring.
How to avoid sports injuries
Here are a few tips to avoid injury when participating in a sporting activity:
- Always warm up and cool down with gentle stretches before and after the game
- Stay well hydrating by drinking plenty of water
What to do if you sustain a sporting injury
- Rest – to reduce further stress to the injury Ice – apply an ice pack for 10 minutes every hour to reduce inflammation
- Compress – gently apply bandages towards the heart to minimise swelling
- Elevate – raise the injured area to improve drainage
- Seek proper medical care, including an osteopathic assessment, as soon as possible.
Call us to make an appointment for effective treatment, management and prevention of you sports injury.